kevhatch

Default minus numbers causing a problem

I am trying to set up a 4 day "Scorecard" for a golf tournament using Excel
2002.

Column A is players name. column B is handicap.

Column C is Day1 Gross score, D is Day1 Net score and E is a daily running
Total. Repeated for the four days with Total Gross and Net scores as the last
two columns.

I want Column D to show the result of C -B and Column E to show the running
total Net scores.

I was wondering if there was a formula I could use that wouldn't show and
total the Minus figure generated at Column B.

I have managed to hide it using Conditional Formatting but it is still
subtracting the handicap in B therefore not giving a true daily result.

If you can understand this! Any help would be appreciated....Thanks