Dave Peterson

No. But I don't use many workbooks that are linked.

GoodenowKZC wrote:

I've noticed this problem as well. Specifically, I've noticed that if I'm
referencing a workbook that has 0 values, the program will return #REF! for
only those cells that have zero values in the closed workbook. Any non-zero
values will be lost. Have you experienced this problem?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors.

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

Maybe it'll work for you.

Gord Dibben wrote:

Couple of potential causes gleaned from Help.

Using a link to a program that is not running

Start the program.

Linking to a Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) topic such as "system" that is not
available

Make sure that you're using the correct DDE topic.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:36:03 -0700, "br" wrote:

I'm working on a spreadsheet where I receive REF errors when opening it on a
Windows XP machine. On a Windows 2000 machince it opens properly. I can't
seem to figure it out.

--

Dave Peterson

--