Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart[_5_] Stuart[_5_] is offline

Default divide multiline text cell across several rows

Many thanks. You understood.
Apologies I was not clear that a programmatical solution
was desired!

However, following your suggestion I received this error:
"Text will extend beyond selected range" which could
potentially overwrite subsequent rows in the column?

However, I could first test for the rowheight of each cell,
divide by 12.75, then insert the required number of
additional rows.

Presumably EditFillJustify can be achieved via VBA?

Regards and thanks.

"Dick Kusleika" wrote in message
Stuart

Try Edit - Fill - Justify if I understand you correctly.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Stuart" wrote in message
Say I paste text data (essentially a sentance(s) ) into B2,
where Col B has a columnwidth of 55 and the RowHeight
is set to 12.75.
I then enable Wraptext in this cell, and the RowHeight now
increases to 51 (so the data is occupying 3 + lines in the
cell).
I save the workbook, close it, then reopen it.

Is there a way to reformat the data in B2, so that it will
then occupy 4no 12.75 high rows in colB?

I believe the data will only be space delimited.

Regards.

---

---