Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Please Help!!!

Hi

Not sure I understand your question ?

You posted in programming so I give you a code example
Do you need that??

You can use the change event with Select Case

Here is a example that use the Change event of the worksheet
Right click on a sheet tab and choose view code.
Paste the event in there and press Alt-Q to go back to Excel.

This will only work in a1:a20

If Not Application.Intersect(Range("a1:a20"), Target) Is Nothing Then
Select Case Target.Value
Case "N"
Target.Value = "No Work"
Case 1
Target.Value = "New Ceiling Tile"
Case 2
Target.Value = "New ...."
End Select

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"hbk" wrote in message ...
I made a box with values(e.g. N = No Work, 1 = New Ceiling Tile, 2 = New etc.). How do I write a function so that it will check

all the values. The only thing I remember from school is else or elseif statements. Can you do those in Excel or is there just
some way I'm naive to?