Rangemaster Rangemaster is offline
Junior Member

Default How to save random numbers?

Hi folks,

Hopefully someone can help me with this question - it bothers me for hours now and I can't find the answer anywhere on the WWW.

I'm making an excel file with a statistic experiment for students. It involves grabbing balls out of a vase, like the example in almost any maths book. A random number determines the color of a grabbed ball - so far so good. But I'm not able to make a cumulative list or summation of the generated random numbers whatsoever. Is there any way to make a function or formula that summates the generated random numbers everytime the number is regenerated?

For example: when the random numbers are 5, 6 and 7 after refreshing three times, is there a formula that can tell you what the sum of those individual numbers is?

Hopefully my question is clear.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers from Holland,

Rangemaster.