Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TH[_3_] TH[_3_] is offline

Default Locking spreadsheet

Excel VBA Help says you need to use UNION("C15:C20,K15:K19") to get what you
want. Range is only good specifying the upper left and lower right cell of a
contiguous range. I'd try that first (or separate your LOCKED command into
two lines).

Otherwise, if you have a password on that locked sheet, you'll have to
provide it with the .unprotect method (and with the .protect method too).
Like this:

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="myPassword"

Or even

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:InputBox("Password to unprotect sheet?")

If there's no password, your code should be working.

TH

On 4/19/04 10:16, in article
, "Ryan"
wrote:

I have written the following code but I continually get an error message:
Sub Test()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
'Locking the Current Loan information section if Purchase

If Range("C9").Value = "Purchase" Then
'Skip the Current Loan Information Section
ActiveSheet.Unprotect

ActiveSheet.Range("C15:C20,K15:K19").Locked = True

ActiveSheet.Protect

When I try and run it, I get the error message; "Unable to set the locked
property of the Range class".

I really am VERY new to this and have been trying to teach myself, but it is
coming slowly. I am sure that I am making a simple mistake that someone will
be able to fix.

Also, I want it set up so that it knows to run the second that "Purchase" is
selected in the combobox associated with C9 (ComboBox6).

Thanks in advance.

Ryan