Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default Parameter Query executed from a Macro

lindasf

It will be easier to manage if you put your prompt in a variable. Then use
vbNewLine to insert a carriage return.

Dim sPrompt As String

sPrompt = "Enter 1" & vbNewLine & "Enter2" & vbNewLine & "Enter3"

x=InputBox(sPrompt)

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"lindasf " wrote in message
Hello,

One of my kind colleagues in this forum taught me how to hide and
unhide columns using a parameter query (run by a macro) by creating
VBA. See the text in quotes below right after "InputBox".

Sub hidecolumns()
Columns("d:en").Hidden = False
x = InputBox("Enter 1 for DHS Recommendation. Enter 2 for PROJECT
Recommendation Enter 3 for FINAL Recommendation Enter 4 for Project/DHS
Matches")
For Each c In Range("d1:en1")
If Right(c, 1) < x Then c.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Next
End Sub

However, I have another question about this please.

I would like to be able to have the Enter 1, Enter2 text etc. each
appear on a new line so that they are not jumbled up. See attached file
and run the "Show some detail" macro. I suppose there is sme way to
insert a"new line" or "carriage return", but since I don't know VBA, I
would appreciate any help. Thx.

lindasf

Attachment filename: calwin fs training analysis 4-19-04-forum.xls
Download attachment:

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=517255
---