Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JWolf JWolf is offline

Default Use XL 2 Edit a .txt File?

See:
http://www.exceltip.com/show_tip/Dat...Excel/494.html

Matthew =} wrote:

Happy Monday!

{{No reply repost from Friday...with clarifications
added, 'cause I guess this is more challenging than I
first anticipated.}}

={

I receive an HTML page from the county, and I save it as
a .prn (csv text) file to preserve columnar allignment.
Recently however, they have changed their HTML editor,
and now I get misinterpreted ampersands in the file.
Consequently, when the "&" is present, the HTML editor
creates "&" from it, and kills the columnar
allignment in the .txt document for the row containing
the ampersand.

Are you with me so far?