Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Mertes Mike Mertes is offline

Default ActiveX Controls on sheets.

Aha! Problem solved.

Thanks Tom! The world owes you a hand for disolving ignorance! Share your
knowledge, spread it well... ;)

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects("Comb oBox1").Object.AddItem
"item1"

the OLEObject is the container. The object is the combobox. A property
like the listfillrange belongs to the container, however.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mike Mertes" wrote in message
I can't seem manipulate ActiveX controls on sheets from public VB code.

This code works:
Debug.Print

ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects("Comb oBox1").Name

It returns the name of an ActiveX combo box... But, I can't use, for
instance, .AddItem instead of .Name.

Maybe the problem is that the properties and methods for MSXL's ActiveX
controls on sheets are different from the properties and methods used to
manipulate the same controls on forms? If that is the case, I can't find

list of properties and methods :(

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

Thanks everyone.
-Mike