Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brian Murphy Brian Murphy is offline

Default Manipulating Charts with VBA

try DrawingObjects instead of ChartObjects, and see if that works.

Brian Murphy

"Colleyville Alan" wrote in message news:Z5lgc.16295$ru4.17030@attbi_s52...

"Rick" wrote in message
Hi All,

When I try to use the code below to change some chart properties I get

various error like "
"Object doesn't support this method or property" (for the Refresh method)

or the one which I can't
recall at this moment but basically says that the property can't be

changed (regarding the
ChartTitle.Text property)

Sheet_6.ChartObjects(1).Visible = True
Sheet_6.ChartObjects(1).Chart.ChartTitle.Text = "Total Costs during Five

Years of Analysis"
Sheet_6.ChartObjects(1).Refresh

I am no expert, but from the Object Browser it appears that you are using
the wrong class for Chart.ChartTitle.Text

There are two classes listed, one singular and the other plural:
ChartObject
ChartObjects

The ChartTitle is a member of ChartObject, not ChartObjects