Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Links and Chdir

That works by updating the links without prompt. It is the solution if that
is what you want. Until xl2002 there isn't a non-programming solution. In
excel 2002 an option was added under Edit=Links.

Previously posted by Rob Bovey:

Private Declare Function SetCurrentDirectoryA Lib _
"kernel32" (ByVal lpPathName As String) As Long

Sub ChDirNet(szPath As String)
Dim lReturn As Long
lReturn = SetCurrentDirectoryA(szPath)
If lReturn = 0 Then Err.Raise vbObjectError + 1, "Error setting path."
End Sub

' sample usage

Sub FindFile()
ChDirNet "\\LOGD0FILES\OGILVTW\Docs\Temp"
fName = Application.GetOpenFileName

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
This isn't a programmed solution to the links msg
suppression problem, but you might find it handy.
I could not suppress those pesky msgs checking off boxes I
found in the LINKS window, but I went to
TOOLS-OPTIONS-EDIT and found on the bottom left of the
window, a list of 4 check boxes, one of which says "Ask to
update links". That box was checked. I unchecked it, and
the msgs stopped!