Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Links and Chdir

Hi Hansol

See the VBA help for Workbooks.open
look at the UpdateLinks argument

For point 2
Try to use this and see if it work

Dim FName As Variant
Dim wb As Workbook

your chdir code

FName = Application.GetOpenFilename(filefilter:="Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")
If FName < False Then
Set wb = Workbooks.Open(FName)
MsgBox "your code"
wb.Close

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Hansol" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I have 2 questions that I hope someone can help me with;

1) Is there any way to turn of the update links box that appears in a workbook that references another workbook. I have tried

looking at the links box under editlink, but the manual button is greyed out.

2) I have the code;

chdir "\\Fs8\ssd-css-fin\eco\eco 2004-2005\eco_0405\SystemFiles\eco\"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show

The first line is simply a ' virtual ' network set-up on my hard drive to imitate my work set-up. But sometimes the open file

dialogue box points to the right path and sometimes it does not. This is true even if I use a simple path such as c:\.
Is there a reason why it is so temperamental?

All help is greatly appreciated.

H.