Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disabling Excel X Application Button

Nigel,

It currently is triggered when a particular workbook is activated. What
would be the Outlook trigger, that is what so you want to tie it to, and
when would it be invoked?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Nigel" wrote in message
Thanks Bob.

Any ideas about converting it for use in Outlook?

Cheers
Nigel

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
It should work okay in XL97 as long as you note the comment that I made.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Nigel" wrote in message
Thanks Michel, this works in my Excel 2002 environment, do you know if

it
will in Excel97 ?
I do not understand all the intricacies of the subsequent hWnd debate.

Also will this work in Outlook (2002 and 98) ?

Cheers
Nigel

"Michel Pierron" wrote in message
Hi Nigel;
Try this (in ThisWorkbook module):

Private Declare Function FindWindow& Lib "user32" Alias

"FindWindowA"
_
(ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String)
Private Declare Function GetSystemMenu& Lib "user32" _
(ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal bRevert As Long)
Private Declare Function DeleteMenu& Lib "user32" (ByVal hMenu As

Long
_
, ByVal nPosition As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long)
Private Declare Function DrawMenuBar& Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As

Long)
Private hWnd&

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
DeleteMenu GetSystemMenu(hWnd, 0), &HF060, 0&
DrawMenuBar hWnd
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
GetSystemMenu hWnd, True
DrawMenuBar Application.hWnd
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
hWnd = FindWindow(vbNullString, Application.Caption)
End Sub

MP

"Nigel" a écrit dans le message de
Hi All
Is there a way of disabling the Windows X - application close

button -
after
opening Excel. I know I can do this with a userform but not the
application
as a whole.

Thanks

Nigel