Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pie Chart

You can use a formula to create the label that you want. For example,
with categories in cells A1:A10 and values in B1:B10 --

1. Enter the following formula in cell C1:
=A1 & CHAR(10) & B1
2. Copy this formula down to C10 (ignore the white box that
appears in the formula)
3. Select cells B1:B10, and click the Chart Wizard button
4. Select the Pie chart, and one of the pie chart subtypes
5. In step 2 of the Wizard, on the Series tab, click in the
Category Labels box, then select cells C1:C10
6. In step 3, on the Labels tab, select 'Show label'
7. Click Finish

Ben Allen wrote:
I would like to make my pie chart show both labels and values is this
possible? I know i can do labels and percentages but this is no good. The
only way i can think of is showing the values and a legend but this wont be
great as there maybe many sections of the pie chart. Any ideas?
Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List