Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Not sure if I need a formula or some code....

Candee,

In CD34, Array enter, using Ctrl-Shift-Enter

=INDEX(34:34,1,MIN(IF(A34:CC34="",COLUMN(A34:CC34) ,256))-2)

Copy up and down the column as needed.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Candee " wrote in message
Hello all.

I have a worksheet with 70 columns of data. I need to look back
through all columns in each row (I will need the formula in each cell
of the last row), find the first blank cell, and copy the data from the
cell in the same row but 2 columns before the blank cell.

eg. Cell T34 is blank, I want the value (text) from cell R34 copied
into cell CD 34.

I hope I've explained enough.

Thanks in advance...

---