Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TH[_3_] TH[_3_] is offline

Default search range for duplicates

Doug,

Try the FIND METHOD. Here's a description from VBA HELP:
-----------
Find Method

Finds specific information in a range, and returns a Range object that
represents the first cell where that information is found. Returns Nothing
if no match is found. Doesn't affect the selection or the active cell.
For information about using the Find worksheet function in Visual Basic, see
Using Worksheet Functions in Visual Basic.
Syntax
expression.Find(What, After, LookIn, LookAt, SearchOrder, SearchDirection,
MatchCase, MatchByte)

TH

On 4/15/04 18:33, in article , "Doug
Loewen" wrote:

I have 5 ranges (columns) Mon Tue Wed etc. I enter names
in each range. As each name is entered I would like to
search the names already entered above it and check for
duplicates, then have a message box "Name already used"
It's OK if I duplicate names from Mon to Tue so I want to
check each day separately. Any ideas? Thanks!!