Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Disabling Excel X Application Button

Hi Bob,

There were quite a few new features in 2002, the most interesting of
which (at least to me) was the new Protection object that allowed you much
more granular control over what the user could and could not do on a
protected worksheet. It's significantly better than the all or nothing
approach in Excel 2000 and earlier.

Maybe one of these days I'll even find a client that's upgraded all
their computers to Excel 2002 or higher so I can actually build a real
application that uses it. <g Right now I'm stuck in Excel 2000 backward
compatibility mode for the foreseeable future.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Thanks for the info Rob.

I have XL2000, and it didn't work for me. It's about time that Applictaion
had an hWnd property, good to hear that. Are there any others?

Bob

"Rob Bovey" wrote in message
"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Michael,

Small error. In Workbook_Deactivate it should be

Hi Bob,

Depends on which versions of Excel you're targeting. The Application
object in Excel 2002 and higher has an Hwnd property, In which case the
FindWindow API call in this example is unnecessary.