Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Formula to figure average efficiency based on criteria

Hi
not looking at your example but if you have three columns (A,B,C) and
want to calculate the average for column C based on the conditions for
col. A and col. B use the following array formula (entered with
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
=AVERAGE(IF((A1:A100="cond_1")*(B1:B100="cond_2"), C1:C100))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Need help with an IF-THEN formula to calculate an avg. efficiency
based
on 2 different columns. I have created a sample of what I need help
with and attached it as a file.

Thanks

Attachment filename: book1.xls
Download attachment: