Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PaulyT[_5_] PaulyT[_5_] is offline

Default Hyperlink doesn't work - need a macro....

~x (How is that pronounced?)
I run a sales database that my people enter similar data to what yo
are describing.

Bypass the hyperlink problem all together. Put your formul
=sum(R4:R16000) at the top of your column where everyone can see it.
I would
1) insert a few rows at the top of your sheet.
2) Start your database at, say, at row 4,
3) Your filters can then be applied to the database and maybe even
macro atached to a button to access the Data Form command.

I can't really help you with the slow Calculation question short of
RAM or processor upgrade. Your suggestion of a Macro to manua
recalulate with an additional function =on.time(Now()+5 minutes) and
LOOP may do the trick. I can't really help with the code