Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PaulyT[_4_] PaulyT[_4_] is offline

Default Hyperlink doesn't work - need a macro....

~x (How is that pronounced?)
I run a sales database that my people enter similar data to what you
are describing.

Bypass the hyperlink problem all together. Put your formula
=sum(R4:R16000) at the top of your column where everyone can see it.
I would
1) insert a few rows at the top of your sheet.
2) Start your database at, say, at row 4,
3) Your filters can then be applied to the database and maybe even a
macro atached to a button to access the Data Form command.

I can't really help you with the slow Calculation question short of a
RAM or processor upgrade. Your suggestion of a Macro to manual
recalulate with an additional function =on.time(Now()+5 minutes) and a
LOOP may do the trick. I can't really help with the code.

---