Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default How to interpret cell references from formula to vba?

Hi
for more explanantion about the R1C1 Reference styl you may see the
Excel help (topic 'R1C1 reference')

In your case you have a relative reference:
RC[-26]]
translates to current row (R) and the column 26 positions to the left
(C[-26]) of the cell you insertert this formula

So in your case try
R[-3]C[-24]

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hi,

I have recorded a few macros successfully but now have to make some
adjustements in the vba code. Specifically, I need to change the

cell
reference from A2 to C5 in my formula. In my VBA code, A2 appears as
RC[-26]. What would the equivalent of C5 be in vba code format? To
avoid future such problems, what is the rule/logic behind the
translation of cell references of formulas into vba, i.e. why does A2
equal RC[-26]?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Xlund.