Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K Dales K Dales is offline

Default Opening Excel remotely

To open the workbook in the existing Excel session:

Application.Workbooks.Open PathName

- Or, to start a new Excel session:

Dim XLApp As New Excel.Application

XLApp.Workbooks.Open PathName
XLApp.Visible = True

.... Add any additional code here.

And, unless you plan on leaving the book open for your
user, you should end your code with the following (to
close the Excel session and free up the object variable):

XLApp.Quit
Set XLApp = Nothing

K Dales