Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Thomson[_4_] Gary Thomson[_4_] is offline

Default Copy ranges

Hi there,

I want to write a Macro that will:

(i) Copy a range from Sheet1!B5:AK87 into Sheet2!B5:AK87;
(ii) For each cell in the new range in sheet 2, for each
cell that is neither blank nor text (i.e. for each cell
that is a number), inflate it's value by 2.5% for two
years (i.e. multiply each of these cells by 1.050625).

how do I do this?

Also, what would happen to the Macro if I inserted a row
into the original range in Sheet1? Would the Macro miss
out the last row when copying and inflating? If I name
the original range, does this solve the problem? (It is
likely that rows and/or columns will be inserted into the
original range at some point in the future, so tailoring
the Macro to suit this would really help me)

Many Thanks,

Gary.