Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default Inserting Sheets and Naming

Dan,

If you use Sheets.Add, then the new sheet will be selected automatically, so
you can just use

ActiveSheet.Name = "TransposedVB"

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Dan Gesshel" wrote in message
Hello.

I want to insert a sheet and then name it. That part is done, and not the
problem.

Sheets.Add
Sheets("Sheet1").Name = "TransposedVB"

What happens is the code provides a specific name to the newly inserted
sheet. (In this case, Sheet1.)
If the user deletes that sheet for whatever reason, while the workbook is
still open, when you add the next sheet it will be now named Sheet2, thus
breaking the code. The user would have to close the workbook and reopen it
to execute the code again and have it work.

So, bascially what I'm looking for is the proper syntax (x + 1?) for

adding
the new sheet each time Excel changes the Sheet name allowing me to rename
it. I know this is relatively easy, but I'm having a brain lapse at the
moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan