Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pat Pat is offline

Default Combobox setting

Here is the code for this control. I had it working as it should a while ago
but as I have made a few changes to the workbook something happened along
the way which has resulted in it not doing what it should now.
I can get it to keep it aligned to column AJ but not hover over any of the
cells as they become the focus.

If InRange(ActiveCell, Range("AJ77:AJ1000")) Then
If (ActiveWindow.ActiveCell.Column = 36) And (ActiveWindow.ActiveCell.Row
<= 1000) _
Then 'Column AF & 77<= Row 1000
LabDescCB.Left = 1300
LabDescCB.LinkedCell = ActiveWindow.ActiveCell.Address _
(rowabsolute = False, columnabsolute = False)
LabDescCB.Height = ActiveWindow.ActiveCell.Height
LabDescCB.Width = ActiveWindow.ActiveCell.Width
LabDescCB.Top = ActiveWindow.ActiveCell.Top

LabDescCB.Top = (ActiveWindow.ActiveCell.Row * _
ActiveWindow.ActiveCell.Height) - ActiveWindow.ActiveCell.Height

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Controls are not part of a worksheet, but are in a layer above the
worksheet. Also, comboboxes don't have to be linked, so where would they

be
positioned then.

This code shows how to align it to a cell, but it won't move with any
worksheet changes.

With ActiveSheet.ComboBox1
.Left = Range("C3").Left
.Top = Range("C3").Top
End With

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Pat" wrote in message
Why would a combobox not align itself to the cell in which it is linked

to.
If for example the properties LinkedCell setting is showing it to be H20

the
combobox will sit several cells above rather than sit over the cell it

is
linked to.

Any idea why this should be?

Pat