Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Chris is offline

Default Inserting Sheets and Naming

The new sheet is always the active sheet . so just do this
Sheets.Ad
ActiveSheet.Name = "TransposedVB

----- Dan Gesshel wrote: ----

Hello

I want to insert a sheet and then name it. That part is done, and not th
problem

Sheets.Ad
Sheets("Sheet1").Name = "TransposedVB

What happens is the code provides a specific name to the newly inserte
sheet. (In this case, Sheet1.
If the user deletes that sheet for whatever reason, while the workbook i
still open, when you add the next sheet it will be now named Sheet2, thu
breaking the code. The user would have to close the workbook and reopen i
to execute the code again and have it work

So, bascially what I'm looking for is the proper syntax (x + 1?) for addin
the new sheet each time Excel changes the Sheet name allowing me to renam
it. I know this is relatively easy, but I'm having a brain lapse at th
moment

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Da