Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default Excel Parameters

Dan

You can add the programmatically (I think - I've never tried it with outer
joins). See here

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/ExternalData6.htm

Near the bottom is the VBA code to add a parameter.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Dan" wrote in message
I'm creating an MS Query using SQL and am trying to find
out if there is a way around the limitation of not being
able to use parameters [ ] in the query if it cannot be
represented graphically, as excel states it. The Problem
is that the SQL query needs to have multiple outer joins
and excel states that a query with multiple outer joins
cannot be represented graphically, and in turn parameters
cannot be used in a MS Query that cannot be represented
graphically. A catch 22. Any ideas or workarounds?