Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jules[_5_] Jules[_5_] is offline

Default Macro to copy and past selected rows only...

OOps, I almost forgot, I also need it to run at 9:00pm every night

----- Jules wrote: ----

Hi there, I am very new to this so bear with me

I have 4 excel 97 spreadsheets that I am looking to have the following work in

In Col A each row is a formula that says basically if Col D"",Today(),"" To add todays Dat
In Col B each row is a formula that says basicaly if Col D"",B1+1,"" (B1 being the row above) To add a consecutive Invoice number

Each sheet is updated by a different person and will have a different number of rows on any given day
What I need to be able to do is select the number of rows that have data entered into them and Copy+Paste Values of Col A & B. The problem that I am having is that excel sees the formula in the blank cell as data in the cell and selects it as part of the End +down function. I was thinking could right an If...Then macro to loop through and check Col D, if it finds data, then copy and paste values of Cols A & B, but like I said I am very new to this and don't really know how to write new macros. I have been slightly successful in editing macros that I have recorded, but this is a bit beyond me

If I need to be more clear, please let me know. Thanks for the input.