Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with Selection Property

Hi Shilps,

I don't know why it gives an error, but it is not good as it returns all of
the rows, that is 65536. You don't want this. What you want is

c1 = Cells(Rows.Count, "AR").End(xlUp).Row

try that and see if you still a combo error.
--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Shilps" wrote in message
Hi Bob!

As U said that I am trying to count the rows, I chaged the code to

following :
Dim c As Integer
Worksheets("ABC").Activate
ActiveSheet.Range("AR:AR").Select
c1 = Selection.Rows.Count
For c = 2 To c1
ComboBox15.AddItem CStr(Sheet1.Range("AR" + CStr(c)).Value)
Next c

But now it is giving error on line
For c = 2 To c1

But it is not giving error when I change the code to

Dim c As Integer
Worksheets("ABC").Activate
ActiveSheet.Range("AR:AR").Select
c1 = MsgBox(Selection.Rows.Count, , no)
For c = 2 To c1
ComboBox15.AddItem CStr(Sheet1.Range("AR" + CStr(c)).Value)
Next c

How does adding a msgbox statement change it?
Also if I change the code to, it gives error on "ComboBox15.AddItem

CStr(Sheet1.Range("AR" + CStr(c)).Value)"

Dim c As Long
Worksheets("ABC").Activate
ActiveSheet.Range("AR:AR").Select
c1 = Selection.Rows.Count
For c = 2 To c1
ComboBox15.AddItem CStr(Sheet1.Range("AR" + CStr(c)).Value)
Next c

TIH
Shilps