Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A unique ID for protection?

As I keep telling my kids, life ain't fair!

I once wrote a complex class for reading and writing to the registry, and
then WSH came out with a RegRead and RegWrite method. Half a dozen lines. So
don't talk to me about fair<G

Bob

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi Bob
this is not fair
I had the same idea but my code is much longer :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Bob Phillips wrote:
Here is one way, get the C drive volume number

Function DiskVolumeId() As String
Dim FSO As Object

Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
DiskVolumeId = Format(CDbl(FSO.Drives("C:").SerialNumber))
End Function

"CAA " wrote in message
Hello, ..Hope you all enjoyed the jollies

Does anybody know a routine to get an unique ID from each computer.

would like to use it for preventative copying.

Thanks for looking
CAA

---