Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rich[_22_] Rich[_22_] is offline

Default Trying to get/set contents of embedded file using Excel OleObject

Hi all, I'm trying to read/write to a large embedded text file in an
Excel Worksheet. This file has too many columns for a regular sheet
but is used to source a window of data in another Excel sheet.

I understand that this embedded text file can be accessed using
OleObject with the Excel object model. However, I would like to know
how to read/write to this object using VBA, even if an additional COM
component for streams needs to be written.

Know the text could instead be saved in a Word document but this would
be too heavyweight. Also know a Textbox could be used but not sure
what the upper limitations are for this.

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks

Rich