Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bobsa Bobsa is offline

Default using create object and sendkeys from excel to FTP

Hi,

I'm trying to dodwn load all the files in from an FTP site using VBA
in Excel. I know there are probably lots of better other ways but this
is what I've got so it has to be.

I can create an object and start up FTP but I can't sendkeys to the
window. it just puts the variables date into the active VBA window.
I've tried all ways of addressing the object i've created but nothign
has worked.

anyone got a clue how I can sendkeys to this FTP window I've
instantiated.

Dim oshell As Object
FTPSiteName As string
Set oshell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Set FTPSiteName as ftp.anysite.com
oshell.Run "c:\windows\system32\ftp.exe"
SendKeys "open " & FTPSiteName

etc etc

cheers

Bobsa