RagDyeR

One way would be to calculate your daily hours in *every* row, then just
some the daily hours column with a regular SUM() function:

=((C10-B10+(C10<B10))*24)*AND(B10<0,C10<0)

--

HTH,

RD

"rvnwdr" wrote in
message ...

I am having a problem with adding a column of time values and need an
experts help!

Column b has the time in and is formated as Time 13:00.
Column c has the time out and is formated as Time 13:00.
Column d adds the total time which has a formula of -
=if(c10b10,c10-b10,1-(b10-c10))

Then I have Column d adding up to give me a total of time. It is
formated as Number. The formula is g=sum(g8:g26)*24

This all works great as long as there is actual time entered. However
when the cells in e & f as blank it still enters a total as it is
taking it as 0:00 which it is counting it as 24:00 and adding this to
the total. The formulas in b & c need to stay as is as this is the only
way it will calculate ok if the b column is greater and the c column
(ex: 18:00 as b and 6:00 as c)

Can anyone tell me how to get around this problem? I would like to
display the total as 0 if there are no times entered or blank. My
spread sheet has 20 rows in which I can enter information if needed
otherwise they sit blank....

Thanks

--
rvnwdr