Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew[_39_] Andrew[_39_] is offline

Default UDF: how to get value of the argument's adjacent cell?

Hi
I need to write a function which will use two arguments, e.g. vala and
valb (not adjacent) as input values. This function should refer
adjacent cells of vala and valb to calculate result for example:

A B
1 adj_vala vala

2

3 adj_valb valb

4 adj_vala + adj_valb

So UDF to calculate B4, as I see it, will lool like (I don't know how
to get adj_vala and adj_valb in the UDF below):

Function Result(vala As Long, valb As Long) As Long

Dim adj_vala As Long
Dim adj_valb As Long

' get value of the left adjacent cell of vala
adj_vala = ???

' get value of the left adjacent cell of valb
adj_valb = ???

Result = adj_vala + adj_valb

End Function

The example above describes simplifed version of more complex logic I
have to implement, but idea will be the same...

Thanks a lot,
Andrew