Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 12th root of two

Should have said that call with

=NthRootOf2(12)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Why do you need nested functions. 12th root of 2 is just 2^(1/12), so your
UDF just needs

Function NthRoothOf2(Root as Long)
NthRootOf2 = 2^(1/Root)
End Function

The accuracy will be limited by Excel's FPA engine.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ksnapp " wrote in message
hi,

i need a udf or nested function that will give me the 12th root of 2.
This value is important for music stuff and I could use a udf that give
it to me exactly.

thanks

---