jgg765

Default Upgraded to office 2003 now cannot find personal.xls

A machine was upgraded from office 2000 to office 2003.
After being upgraded we can no longer find personal.xls
Please keep in mind the machine was not imaged or wiped out in anyway.
I tried the following troubleshooting steps below.

I did the following things to located the file.
I went into tools options and choose to unhide all files and operating
system files I then searched the following locations his C: and D: drive and
network drive.
I was unable to find anything.
I also searched hard drive and network drive for personal.xls also tried a
wild card search (in case somehow it was renamed) of per*.* could not find
anything.
I checked the recycle bin and found nothing there.

Now according to documention it would not be in there profile.
The default location is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Xlstart
So of course copying the profile would not grab it however searching all
hard drive should find it.