Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim W[_3_] Jim W[_3_] is offline

Default Execution Error due to file location

I have a little application that I would like to have available for
use for various organizational locations via a intranet link. If I run
the application (inside Excel) from a web directory it works fine but
I want to simplify the install by keeping the original on a web server
to be opened via Internet Explorer using Excel. I've developed a web
page that links to the file but the script freezes when I try any of
the following statements. I want the user to be able to choose which
directory they pull a file from to import it to my application and I
believe the problem may be due to some confusion between using Excel
while in the IE link. Any thoughts?

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show '"*.xls"

Workbooks.Open Filename:=Application.GetOpenFilename

Thanks in advance.

Jim