Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Flanagan Bob Flanagan is offline

Default Use of Command Buttons to Move Through Worksheets

Golf, the best way to get help is to post your code. Please post as text
in a news group post. Do not attach a workbook.

One thing you can do is to set a breakpoint very early in your code. Select
a row of code and select Debug, Toggle breakpoint. Then when the code stops
at the breakpoint, arrange the windows so that you can see your excel
workbook in the background. Then press F8 to step through your code. You
most likely will spot the problem very quickly.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"golf4" wrote in message
om...
Hi, everyone -

I was hoping that I could see if I could get some guidance on a
somewhat strange problem I'm having in my rent calculation tool. The
way I've got my tool set up is:

[1] I've just replaced a number of hyperlinks to all of the tool's
sheets with a series of command buttons on my Data Entry Sheet. The
code for all of my new command buttons is tied to cell A1 of all of
the other sheets;

[2] Located in cell A1 of all of the other sheets (other than the Data
Entry Sheet) include hyperlinks that "transport" the user back to the
data Entry Sheet;

[3] ALL of the sheets within the tool are protected.

The problem that I'm having is that, when I use one of the new command
buttons to move from the Data Entry Sheet to another sheet is that the
PROTECTED SHEET message pops up as if I tried to access one of the
protected cells. The thing is that it doesn't happen all the time ---
that's the strange thing!!!

I've tried unprotecting the sheet, unlocking cell A1, and reprotecting
the sheet and then using the command button. What happens then is that
the command button will move to the appropriate sheet but deletes the
hyperlink in the sheet.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks,

Golf