Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Runtime Error "1004" Select Method of Range Class Failed

There's nothing inherent in the code itself that would cause XL to 'lock
up'.

Where is this code located? Can you set breakpoint(s) and step through
the code to see where the 'lockup' occurs?

In article ,
(Stephen) wrote:

I tried the script below and it works. However, now when I try to
insert cells, Excel locks up. When I right click and select close on
the program, it asks if I want to save my changes. I've tried it on
different computers with the same result.