Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Quick Date Entry European

Hi Norman
to prevent seeing the serial number in the cell one may apply a white
font color within the Selection_change event. E.g. use the following
additions to the code:

[....]
If Not OldSelection Is Nothing Then
With OldSelection
If .Value < "" Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
.NumberFormat = "dd-mmm-yyyy"
.Value = .Value
.Font.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexAutomatic
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End With
End If

[....]
Target.NumberFormat = "@"
If Target.Value < "" Then
Target.Font.ColorIndex = 2
End If

---
but this is more a little bit playing around after midnight :-)
Drawback: If you re-enter something you won't see your entry in the
cell until you left the cell

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Norman Harker wrote:
Hi Frank!

I think we're getting there!

I much prefer the new approach to variations and I'm sure we can live
with seeing the date serial number if we select an entered cell.

It seems to be OK on my testing data set.