Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
muziq2[_8_] muziq2[_8_] is offline

Default Hyperlink to Hidden sheet

Hi all,

I need to hyperlink to a hidden sheet inside the same workbook. M
hyperlink format is
=HYPERLINK("[filename]'sheetname'!A1","friendlyname")

The exact hyperlink is below.
=HYPERLINK("[0304HireTerm.xls]'Job Elimination'!A1","Job elimination")

The hyperlink function only works when the sheet is not hidden.
Someone provided me with the code below saying that it will open th
hidden sheet however I can't get it to work. Any other suggestions.
There are about 5 sheets that I want hidden until someone clicks on
link to the sheet for more background detail.

Thanks,
Jeff

"Put this code in the worksheet module that has the hyperlink(s).

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
Worksheets(Left(Target.SubAddress, InStr(1, Target.SubAddress, "!")
1)).Visible = xlSheetVisible
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Follow
Application.EnableEvents = True