Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default "file not found" error message when launching source file

this sound like your OS is not set correctly. This may involve you having to
'repair' your Excel instal.

--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lisa" wrote in message
I created a master (source) excel document and linked the
multiple graphs to a poweroint. Both files are in a
shared lan where multiple people have to go in and update
the master excel.

When I open the master excel I get a pop up asking if I
want to update this workbook with changes made to the
other workbook (it is linked to)? Confusing question.
But when I say yes, I get an error pop up box that
says "file not found" and it takes me to my hard drive
directory.

As this is a shared document I keep getting asked what to
answer and why they get the error message. HOW CAN I MAKE
THIS GO AWAY?

Many Thanks
Lisa