Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dominique Schroeder Dominique Schroeder is offline

Default problem with code in workbook_open event

I have inserted the code below in PERSONAL.XLS
This works if Excel is launched first, then I launch another template.

However I get an error if I launch another template first, no matter what
other template it is and whether it has code in it or not.

I get a runtime error 91: Object variable or with block variable not set.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Call LaunchForecast
End Sub

Public Sub LaunchForecast()
'
Dim strWorkBookname As String
Dim oWorkb As Object
Set oWorkb = Application.ActiveWorkbook

strWorkBookname = oWorkb.Name
DoEvents

If Right(oWorkb.Name, 3) = "CSV" Then
MsgBox "hold it"
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Application.Workbooks.Add(Template:="\\Wmc-srv-2\Templates\PM
Templates\dmsForecast.xlt").RunAutoMacros Which:=xlAutoOpen