pkbro

Default Random Name Generation

Okay, here's a tricky question. I'm trying to get Excel to Concatenate
Random Cells. Is there any way to do this?

What I would like it to do is basically this: A1 is "B", A2 is "C", A3
is "R", B1 is "at", B2 is "an", and B3 is "ob". I'm trying to create is
a command that would do the following:

=CONCATENATE(A(INT(RAND()*(3-1)+1)),B(INT(RAND()*(3-1)+1)))

I tried this conbination command and Excel wigged out. What I was
looking for is a field that could return *ANY* of the following, chosen
at random: Bat, Cat, Rat, Ban, Can, Ran, Bob, Cob, Rob.

Any suggestions on how to pull this off?

--
pkbro
pkbro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24472