Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jjanzen jjanzen is offline

Default Excel cannot 'FIND' data imported from oracle

Raul,

Thanks. That solved the problem where I lookup numbers which are
integers. However, I also need to use VLOOKUP on a column of data which
returns integers as well as text/number combinations. For example 62202
is one invoice number, while another is EN030544.

Is it possible to have one column returned as integers and the other as
text? I tried doing this with no success. I am an SQL rookie so maybe
I am doing something wrong. If I can return the 'combination' column as
text, I should be able to get the VLOOKUP working.

NOTE: I am using linked tables if that makes a difference.