Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kaustav choudhury kaustav choudhury is offline

Default Open a password protected excel workbook from second workbook to fetch data using dynamic connection

Hi NicoB,

I have done something very similar to what you have proposed. My problem
is that my first application from where I plan to fetch the data is
password protected. When I supply the password in the connection string
it displays an error like "Runtime Error-'2147217843(8004e4d)' Cannot
start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or
opened exclusively by another user." (The application is closed
actually) and when I dont it displays an error like "Runtime
Error-'2147467259(80004005)' could not decrypt file. ".

How do I fetch data from the application now. Hope I have made myself
clear on the issue.

Thanks for showing interest.

Kaustav