RagDyer

Try using single or double*accounting* underline.

Funny thing about this is, although it's called accounting, if you enter a
number in the cell, the underline does *not* extend the full width of the
cell.
Text will make it go the full width.
Also, entering a number with an apostrophe prefix, or *pre-formatting* the
cell to Text, will allow it to fill the entire width when using numbers.
--
HTH,

RD

"R Morgan" <R wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how to extend an underline across a whole cell
without using the border. I have cells that have it done, but when I try

change the information in them, it reduces the underline to just the text

in
the cell.