Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Griffiths Greg Griffiths is offline

Default Exporting To Excel With ASP - Number Problem

check out http://www.greggriffiths.org/webdev/both/excel/ which offers some
other methods of doing this.

Josh Sale wrote:

You might try prefixing each data cell with an appostropy. I think this
should cause Excel to treat the values as strings instead of numbers thus
preserving your leading zeros.

"williamsd " wrote in message
Hello,

I'm trying to export a report from an .asp page using the
Response.ContentType method. The only problem with the export is that
when numbers are exported, if there is a 0 or more than one 0 in the
front of the number, it gets removed by excel when the export is
complete. Also, if the number is too long it gets auto-formated to
Scientific. I need to know if there is a formula that I can use on my
export to force the Number Cells to be Text only Cells so that I don't
loose the 0's in front of the number and also to prevent it from
auto-formating to Scientific if the number is too long. Anyone know
how I could do this?

---