Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default Zip codes in mail merges

If that doesn't work try cell.text on the right side, which
will take what you see. Format the column as text
ahead of time.

Better test these on a copy of the worksheet.
---
HTH,

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
for each cell in Range(Cells(1,"D"),Cells(rows.count,"D").End(xlup) )
if len(cell.value) = 9 then
cell.value = "'" & left(cell.value,5) & "-" & Right(Cell.value,4)
end if
Next

Untested

would be code to convert them. I can't say if there is built in support for
it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Brucek" wrote in message
I have fomatted a column containing bot 5 and 9 digit zip codes. However

when I mailmerge these into a word document the "-" is missing in the 9
digit zip codes. When I click on a cell the number is actually a 9 digit
number with no "-".

How can I convert the numbers to text keeping the "-" or how do I mail

merge keeping the proper zip code format.