Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Wright Ken Wright is offline

Default Percentages

Hi Bob - Ditto reply to Frank :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Hi Jay,

Is this what you mean

=ROUND(A1,0)*C1

and form at as you want

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jay" wrote in message
I have a formula calculating a percentage. This cell(A)
is formatted to round to 0 decimal places. In another cell
(B) is a formula multiplying cell (C) by the rounded up
percentage in cell A. However, cell B's result is cell C
times cell A rounded to 3 decimal places.

i.e. Cell A=50% (rounded from 49.712%) Cell C=100 the
resulting Cell B=49.712. I need B to equal 50. Here's
the kicker, sometimes cell B does need to be rounded to 2
decimal places so I cannot format the cell to round to 0
decimal places.

How do I get cell B to multiply by the rounded up value in
cell A?
Sorry for the long explanation and thank you for any help.

---